Let’s Change Energy for Good
The Global Energy Alliance for People and Planet will accelerate and scale equitable energy transitions in low- and middle-income countries serving as an onramp to opportunity for 1 billion people, while averting carbon emissions, expanding energy access and creating jobs in the process.
People can’t live on a depleted and polluted planet. The urgent need for modern electricity and more jobs comes at the same time humanity must unite to address the climate crisis before the devastation of global warming becomes irreversible.
Today, nearly half the world’s population still lacks access to reliable power, preventing families, farmers and entrepreneurs from securing their livelihoods and communities from accessing modern healthcare and education. Now, for the first time in history, the frontiers of energy technology can give people the electric power they need to join the global economy, creating jobs while also reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
The Global Energy Alliance for People and Planet mission:
Our Focus on Renewable Energy Solutions
The Global Energy Alliance for People and Planet is focused on three types of renewable energy projects that will create green jobs, enable the productive use of power for low-income communities and promote gender equity. Our three renewable energy pillars include:
- Fossil Fuel Transitioning Decommission and repurpose large aging coal plants and installed diesel / heavy fuel oil assets
- Grid-based Renewables Deploy utility-scale renewable generation, storage, distribution, and transmission
- Distributed Renewable Energy Scale mini-grid and roof-top solutions to off-grid and underserved communities
Together with partners around the world we create holistic ecosystems around our three pillars of renewable energy solutions. We work to:
National Transformational Energy Programs: First Five Examples
Call for Country Partnerships
A Visionary Strategic Partnership
Unlocking transformational programs in any given country requires a radically collaborative approach. We bring together stakeholders that would otherwise remain fragmented, and enable transformational programs to flourish.
Types of Partnerships
- Anchor Partners The alliance’s philanthropic partners and donors set our strategic vision, provide risk-tolerant grant capital, and ensure the alliance’s capacity to deliver results on a sustained basis.
- Investment Partners The alliance will work with investment partners to help de-risk blended finance facilities, allowing them to finance a greater number of projects more quickly and to adopt a greater risk profile.
- Delivery Partners The alliance will leverage partner with organizations with expertise from around the world to bring policy, technical and project development capacity to bear and ensure success against our goals.
- CDC Group
- International Finance Corporation
- Inter-American Development Bank
- Power Africa
- The Rockefeller Foundation
- Ikea Foundation
- International Solar Alliance
- COP26 Presidency
- Bezos Earth Fund
- World Bank
- Asian Development Bank
- European Investment Bank
- African Development Bank
- US Development Finance Corporation